What are the objectives of King Khalid Sustainability Award?
- To honor private sector companies that apply best practices in support of sustainable development and commitment to social responsibility.
- To help profit organizations improve their competitive, sustainable social, economic and environmental performance by building their capabilities and knowledge of sustainability strategies and performance to be integrated into their strategy
- To identify the best practices adopted locally and internationally while urging the profit organizations to innovate and embrace research and development to link social responsibility with the concept of sustainability through educational workshops, and to support the network of communication with other companies.
- To collaborate with a selection of companies with similar strategies, who seek success, and practice social responsibility.
- To build a local communication network to share experiences and meet challenges as this Award is considered one of the keys that contribute to improving the Kingdom's competitive position on the global level, and helps it achieve its social, economic and environmental development goals.
Which companies are eligible to be nominated for King Khalid Sustainability Award?
All profit organizations can apply for the Award, regardless of their size,the field of work or geographical presence, provided that the organization has an office in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, either the headquarters or a branch office.
Government and non-government non-profit organizations are not eligible to apply for King Khalid Sustainability Award. However, they are eligible to apply for King Khalid Non-Profit Organizations Excellence Award. If the organization is interested in applying for the Sustainability Award, the eligibility decision will be made on a case-by-case basis.
What are the benefits that will be gained from winning or just being nominated to King Khalid Sustainability Award?
The benefits for all Award-nominated participants (candidates or winners) are as follows:
- Obtain a certificate of appreciation for the companies excelling in the approved standards.
- Obtain a clear analysis report of the corporate performance as opposed to a framework and methodology of local and international standards.
- Obtain a performance measurement record that shows the score record and suggestions on performance improvement methods.
- Provide opportunities to build the capabilities and knowledge by attending a workshop on performance development in the core areas of sustainability that will benefit the organizations directly through global sustainability experts
- Facilitate the direct communication channels with other leading companies through a network through which best practices are shared, challenges discussed, and relationships and databases built.
Benefits for Award-winning organizations:
The winners will receive appreciation shields as follows:
- First Place: Golden Trophy
- Second Place: Silver Trophy
- Third Place: Bronze Trophy
In addition to a media coverage of all winning organizations through:
- Awards Distribution Gala
- King Khalid Foundation website
- The Foundation's social media sites
- Printed and visual media
How can we apply for nomination to King Khalid Sustainability Award?
To apply for the nomination to King Khalid Sustainability Award, you may follow the following steps:
- Visit the Foundation's website to review the general terms and conditions of the Award.
- Ensure that eligibility and conditions of the Award are met.
- Fill out the Sustainability Award questionnaire and send it through the Award's website.
Is the King Khalid Sustainability Award annual?
Yes, all branches of the King Khalid Award are launched on an annual basis.
How are nominations for King Khalid Sustainability Award evaluated?
- An independent evaluation consultant, AccountAbility (a leading international sustainability organization), shall review and analyze the forms and supporting evidence using a standard tool to ensure the quality of evaluation and verify the fairness of the results given.
- Each organization will be classified according to the result achieved. Then, a list of the highest-rated organizations will be prepared for field visits to enable analysts to verify the information contained in the nomination forms.
- Results of field visits will be reviewed, and the top 3 rated organizations will be identified.
- The recommendations of the advisory institution of the Award Board and the Board of Trustees of King Khalid Foundation will be submitted for approval after which the names of the winners will be announced at a press conference, and the winners will then be honored at the King Khalid Award Gala.
Who is the right person in our company to fill out the form?
The right person to fill out the form is the one responsible for social responsibility programs and sustainability initiatives, and in the absence of this person, the PR and Marketing Officer can assume this mission. However, he will need to communicate with all relevant departments to provide the data required from them in the form.
Can we participate in the Award this year if we participated in the Award in the last year?
Yes, you can participate since the objective is not only to win the Award, but also to have opportunities to improve and build your capabilities and knowledge.
Can I apply to nominate my company for King Khalid Sustainability Award?
Yes, nominations can be made by the applicant himself.
How will the evaluation process be carried out?
AcountAbility, a global management consulting firm, in partnership with King Khalid Foundation, shall evaluate all application forms taking into account the credibility, transparency and overall quality of nomination. For more information on the evaluation process and its stages, please refer to the applicant's guide.
Will all applicants be evaluated based on the same criteria and methodology?
All applicants are required to fill out a standard form, and a fair evaluation process has been developed taking into consideration the different sectors of applicants.
What is the timeframe of the Award phases?
The King Khalid Sustainability Award passes through an annual cycle that begins with the electronic nomination phase, at the beginning of each calendar year, and ends with the closing gala to honor the winners, at the end of each calendar year. This is followed by the holding of a leading practices workshop. For more information, please refer to the applicant's guide.
What should we do if we didn't have answers to all the questions in the form?
It is necessary to input the words "No" or "None" in the answer space. It is recommended to give a brief explanation of why there is no answer, rather than leaving the answer space blank, and the answer being "No" or "None" does not necessarily mean that the score will be lower.
We encourage organizations to participate in the Award even if their programs or activities are restricted to one key standard it’s proud of. For example, a company's excellence will still be recognized in one key standard, such as supply chain management, even in the absence of any solid environmental management program.
Who is the right person to fill out the nomination form?
It is recommended to form a team from the executive management to fill out the nomination form, since the form requires the provision of data from different departments of the organization.
Where can I find the instructions for the completion of the nomination form?
You will find instructions on how to fill out the nomination form in the general information section of the nomination application or at the resource center. In addition, the monthly e-newsletter of the Award provides tips on how to prepare and collect information and complete the form requirements. If you wish to subscribe to this e-newsletter, please visit the Award site.
What language should we use to fill out the form?
You can fill out the form and provide the supporting documents in Arabic or English.
In which format should the supporting documents be prepared?
Supporting documents must be in pdf, Word Documents or JEPG format and can also be uploaded through the electronic link.
Can I upload several documents for a specific question?
Yes, the Award platform allows the uploading of several documents for each question.
Can those who won the Award in the previous years participate in this year’s Award?
The winner in the first place can only apply after 2 cycles from the date of their winning, while the winners in the second and third places can participate in following year with no restrictions.
Do we have to pay any fees to participate in the Award?
No fees are charged at all to participate in the nomination to the Award nomination.
Will our company's data and supporting documents be kept confidential?
Yes, information contained in the nomination form, including the results and classifications, will be handled and kept confidential. Please note that all participating companies and organizations will receive confidential scorecard and recommendations for improving and developing their performance. In addition, the KKF provides a non-disclosure agreement that is available to companies that have concerns about the confidentiality of their data submitted in the nomination form, and those who wish to review the agreement, may communicate with the Award program at the following email: email@example.com. We are very keen to protect the privacy of all data provided in the nomination form.
Where can I find the recommendations relating to the terminology used in the nomination form?
All recommendations relating to the terminology used in the nomination form can be found in the Resource Center (Terminology Section) or through the terminology link listed in the nomination form. In addition, you can use the (information button) listed in the questions part which will display an explanation of the question and how to answer it.
How can I add more information or clarifications on certain points?
Additional information or clarifications can be inserted in the provided box (additional comments).
Should the nomination form be completed in one session?
No, you can save what has been completed on the nomination form and return to it once again later.
Can we share the nomination form with colleagues in other departments?
Yes, the blank nomination form can be downloaded from the General Information page.
When will the winners of the Sustainability Award be announced?
The winners will be announced in the fourth quarter of the calendar year, after completion of the evaluation process
How can we get the evaluation results?
After completion of the evaluation process and announcement of the winners, each participant will receive a "performance scorecard", a card that provides information about their performance. An electronic copy of this scorecard can be obtained by accessing the Resource Center page.
What should we do in case of any difficulties in the nomination stage?
If you have any queries regarding the nomination form or the nomination stage, please contact:
- Mr. Yasser Alharbi , Award Program Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org , tel: +966112020202 Ext: 5203
- Jess Sokolow, Managing Associate at AccountAbility, at: email@example.com. Tel: +1 (646)5075900